Job Opening: Accountant/ AP Administrator
Location: In office, Beverly Hills 90212
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 AM- 6 PM (flexible)
Description: We are looking for a full-time Accountant/ AP Administrator who can handle full-cycle accounting and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the payables processes for a real estate portfolio. The candidate will play an integral role in our growing family office here in Beverly Hills, and work directly with the controller, as well as other departments.
1. Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations.
2. Prepare journal entries and reconcile intercompany transactions.
3. Prepare property financial statements.
4. Review monthly rent postings and make adjustments to tenant balances.
5. Prepare 1099, 571-L Business Property Statements, annual city business license applications and obtain W9s.
6. Assist in tracking portfolio company financial performance and with financial analysis, underwriting, budgets and forecasts.
7. Assist in the preparation for year-end process and CPA tax filings.
8. Manage the accounts payable cycle from invoice entry to payment.
9. Manage daily, weekly and monthly reporting for invoice tracking and check signing.
10. Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
11. Code invoices to proper property, general ledger accounts and departments.
12. Data entry of new mortgages, bills and invoices into accounting system in addition to preparing electronic transfers for mortgages.
13. Ensure payments are made timely to vendor and perform vendor reconciliations.
14. Prepare biweekly check runs and process check requests.
16. Audit, process and enter credit card bills and employee expense reports.
17. Match invoices.
18. Meet recurring month-end close schedule.
19. Responsible for verifying contractors’ licenses, maintaining vendor files and communicating with vendors.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar.
2. At least 3-4 years of accounting experience.
3. Comfortable with working in person, office is vaccinated/immune.
4. Experience with real estate, investment companies, or partnership accounting is a plus.
5. Interest in the Real Estate or Property Management fields.
6. Comfortable with numbers, percentages, details.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Appfolio.
8. Strong writing and critical thinking skills.
9. Excellent communication skills.
10. Calm demeanor, warm, outgoing personality who also knows how to listen.
11. Collaborative and team player attitude.
Compensation: $60,000-$75,000 depending on experience plus benefits and growth opportunities.