Job Opening: Administrator for Assisted Living
Location: Sacramento, CA 95821
Description: We are looking for an experienced Administrator to oversee an 86 bed ALW facility. The right person will have strong leadership skills, and have the natural ability to build strong relationships with potential residents and their families. The Administrator maintains resident services at a level that meet or exceed Federal, State and Corporate standards and ensures that services are provided in an effective and profitable manner within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrates commitment to the company’s mission, values, and standards of ethical behavior. Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Models a positive image that emulates the organization’s mission and encourages a spirit of cooperation with co-workers.
- Ensures residents are treated fairly, with kindness, dignity, and respect, and their rights are protected at all times.
- Responsible for planning, development, organizing, implementing and directing the day-to-day functions of the facility, its programs, and activities.
- Actively identifies areas for improvement, develops effective plans, monitors and evaluates results, and communicates and facility staff as needed.
- Attends Administrator meetings with staff to review facility goals and policy, to make certain all employees understand and comply with applicable regulatory and company requirements.
- Actively involved in business development initiatives that promote the facility in a positive manner and effectively communicate the organization’s value to residents, visitors, staff, and the community
- Visits appropriate community representatives, hospital discharge planners, physicians, and service centers to provide information about the facility, its staff, and services.
- Consults with department managers concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improving service.
- Conducts routine inspections of the facility to ensure that established policies and procedures are being implemented and followed.
- Ensures adherence to state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures; HIPAA confidentiality standards; Infection Control, Universal Precautions, OSHA, and safety standards; established safety precautions and regulations in the performance of tasks and the use of equipment and supplies.
- Sets standards, develops objectives and constantly strives to improve operations.
- Assists in short and long-term planning, development, and direction of the facility.
- Provides day-to-day human resource functions including coaching, counseling, disciplining, and training of staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required; specialization in healthcare administration or business administration preferred
- A current Administrator’s License or Certification
- 3-5 years of experience in a healthcare setting, specifically with ALW facilities
- Ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and professionally with other employees, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public, as needed
- Ability to understand and follow applicable regulations, policies, and procedures fully and consistently.
- Must successfully pass a background check, health exams, and any other pre-employment requirements
Compensation: $120,000-$145,000 plus benefits