Job Opening: Assistant Principal (Academic Focus)
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Schedule: Full -Time, Exempt (Monday-Friday 7:30AM-4:00PM)
Will need to attend additional events outside of this time.
Summary: The Assistant Principal (Academic Focus) acts as the site lead for our Middle School (6th-8th grade) campus and assists in the administration of all facets of the Lashon Valley education program directed toward the optimal educational and social development of every student. In addition, the AP works with teachers to improve the quality of their lessons and the quality of students’ education and serves as a mentor and role model, helping teachers stay fresh and use the latest techniques and instructional strategies in their classrooms. The AP meets with teachers and teams to discuss student evidence, plan for instruction, analyze student work, and provide resources. The AP works alongside administrators, teachers and students in classrooms, observing, collecting data to inform future instruction and providing model lessons for teachers.
1. Enforcing Lashon-policies, state and federal rules, regulations and policies.
2. Supervision of students at school, on campus before, during and after school hours.
3. Monitoring and evaluation of certificated and classified employees.
4. Evaluation of student achievement.
5. Assist in the supervision of duties and responsibilities of staff members.
6. Assist in the development and implementation of the student discipline plan, specifically PBIS
7. Lead suspension and expulsion process.
8. Individual meetings with parents.
9. Prop 39 liaison.
1. Clear CA Multiple Subject Credential (CA Administrative Services Credential preferred).
2. At Least 3-5 years of successful classroom teaching in a public-school setting.
3. Coaching experience, delivering professional development and or school team leader.
4. Knowledge of Student Intervention Support systems.
5. Knowledge of ELD strategies and best practices.
6. Knowledge of Administering and Preparing Students for CAASPP Testing.
7. Teacher coverage as needed.
8. Oversee and contribute to student/parent, Student Success Team, Individualized Education Plan, and 504s meetings.
9. Create and lead Professional Development sessions as needed.
10. Observes school policies and procedures and adopted administrative regulations pertaining to instruction.
Compensation: $85,000-$110,000 plus benefits.