Job Opening: Business Development Specialist
Location: Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Schedule: Full time (Monday – Friday, 8 hour shifts), in person plus 25% travel.
Description: We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced sales professional from within the Aerospace or Aviation industry. Your role will be to focus on developing sales growth of our business from within our existing database of thousands of active customers. You are someone who has experience in sales, customer development, relationship building and sales success. You will be on the forefront of engaging with existing customers. You will be directly responsible for the identifying and qualifying of sales leads within our existing customer base. On a daily basis you will be gathering information and focusing on potential opportunities for engagement. You will work with management to build a plan of action to reach out and engage with our customer base to create awareness of our company’s product offerings. In addition, you will be advising buyers from large multi-location, multiple program’s that our company is an approved supplier and that working with us will not require getting us approved as a new vendor. Your main goal will be to create positive connections with customers to develop and grow their business with our company. You will be communicating directly with customers via, phone and e-mail.
1. Responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and maximizing sales growth potential to grow our business within our active customer base.
2. Develop and qualify prospects from existing client base.
3. Research accounts, identify key players and establish key relationships.
4. Pursue new sales opportunities (such as alternate product lines) within existing customer base.
5. Educate customers with multiple locations that our company is an approved vendor.
6. Communicate to customers with multiple locations about the value add our company offers and our vast array of product offerings.
7. Identifies and develop opportunities within vendor provided bidding systems such as Exostar, Epic, Coupa etc.
8. Welcome new customers to our company and introduce them to the value add and product lines we offer.
9. Identify and work with management to customize Salesforce CRM to our business.
10. Document customer interaction activity via Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management system. Plan, notate and execute pertinent business activities.
11. Identify trends in customer behavior and feedback
12. Prepare quarterly report for management on results from efforts.
13. Develop relationships with vendors to become an approved distributor to increase our company’s product offerings.
1. Salesforce CRM expert.
2. Deep knowledge of Salesforce sales pipeline standard processes.
3. Minimum of 3+ years of successful in a channel sales environment with a proven track record.
4. Aerospace or Aviation industry experience.
5. Industry knowledge such as leading companies in different aerospace segments.
6. Familiarity with things like part numbers, CoCs, CoAs, and part specifications.
7. Demonstrable B2B sales experience
8. Possess advanced computer skills.
9. Proven experience in lead development, pre-qualifying, building relationships and closing sales.
10. Ability to leverage systems and process to accelerate sales, with strong attention to detail.
11. Manage and update customer profiles and opportunities in the CRM system to ensure sales cycle efficiency and optimize closing rates.
12. Self-motivated and results driven.
13. Analytical skills; able to drive new opportunities through analysis of available data.
14. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
15. Naturally curious, passionate, and having a “whatever it takes” attitude
16. Fast learner with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
17. Persuasive (without being pushy) amiable, self-motivated, and goal oriented.
18. Enjoy working in a team environment collaborating with peers.
19. Open to ideas and suggestions.
20. Ability to prioritize.
21. Willingness to work hard and put in the extra effort to get the job done.
22. Associate degree preferred.
Compensation: $80,000-$115,000 depending on experience and expertise plus commission, bonuses and benefits including 401(K) with match, dental, health, life and vision insurance, PTO.