Job Opening: CADAC Counselor for Addiction Treatment Center
Location: Tarzana, CA
Job Summary: The Counselor is responsible for providing direct service to clients, conducting process and psycho-educational groups and for facilitating the smooth day-to-day operation of the program. The Counselor collaborates as a member of the multidisciplinary team (Treatment Team) to deliver effective treatment.
Schedule: Part-Time or Full-Time. Flexible.
- Support clients in accessing community resources
- Make appropriate referrals for clients to other services in coordination with the Clinical Team
- Conduct process and psychoeducation groups
- Complete Assessments
- Complete documentation in EMR
- Coordinate with other treatment providers
- Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with clients
- Supports clients by utilizing outcome measures
- Demonstrate effective crisis intervention
- Teach independent living skills effectively
- Utilize individualized approach to client services
- Support clients who have discharged with follow up calls
- One year full-time experience working directly with clients in a program serving people with Substance Use Disorders
- One year of Counselor experience in a substance abuse or mental health inpatient or residential setting.
- Knowledge of and belief in the principles of client centered treatment.
- Knowledge of medications and interventions preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Able to maintain a professional manner with clients, staff, clients and visitors.
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting, under pressure and maintain open, and proper communication.
- Demonstrate professionalism and strong boundaries with the clients.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Certified Addiction Counselor with a CA approved organization preferred (CADC, CATC, etc).
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and personal automobile insurance.
Compensation: $25-$26 per hour plus benefits if full-time. Also, $500 sign on bonus after 90 days of employment.