Job Opening: Controller
The Controller is responsible for the company’s accounting and finance operations, including developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This position identifies objectives, strategies, and action plans to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting and finance operations.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina 28273
1. Prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial results, including but not limited to P&L, balance sheets, cashflows and variance reports.
2. Prepare, maintain, and distribute financial dashboards, scorecards, metrics and operating KPIs.
3. Oversees financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management use.
4.Oversee all accounting team members and service providers across core activities including GL, AP, AR, fixed assets and cost accounting. Including overseeing daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, and bank reconciliations
5. Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software.
6.Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
7.Oversee cash management and manage accounts payable and payroll to ensure that all expenditures are made in accordance with the Company’s policies.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
2. 4+ years’ experience in corporate or public accounting
3. 2+ years of direct supervisory experience
4.Strong knowledge of GAAP
5.Knowledge of accounting ERP systems such as Bamboo, Medsolutions
6.Understanding of Federal, State and Local Tax Regulations
Compensation: $120,000-$150,000 plus benefits