Job Opening: Data Analyst, Tax Consultant
Location: REMOTE within the US
Note: This position will last 2 years (until the ERC expires), you will additionally be paid for 5 months afterwards.
1. Be exceptionally proficient in Microsoft Excel
2. Use logic, intuition, and creativity to solve problems
3. Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
4. Both collaborate with teammates and work independently
5. Take initiative and ownership over the quality of their work
6. Exercise discretion and judgment when working with confidential client data
7. Adapt easily to ever-changing client needs, processes, and technology
8. Developing a reasoned plan and approach for analysis based on the client’s specific data files and circumstances and program rules
9. Building standardized data files by reformatting source data when necessary
10. Performing quality checks on analysis inputs and maintaining data integrity throughout a project
11. Using independent judgment to spot and resolve issues with clients and internal stakeholders and document all steps in the project’s analysis in preparation for audit
12. Calculating Employee Retention Tax Credits, applying the program rules to the client’s specific data and fact pattern
13. Delivering high quality, fully compliant results our clients trust to put on their return
14. Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these internally and to our clients
15. Participating in client calls to walk them through the calculation and explain how it complies with the program’s rules
1. Must be able to handle multiple tasks, take initiative and prioritize multiple work items.
2. Must remain flexible and be comfortable with ambiguity within a very demanding, constantly changing environment.
3. Bachelor’s degree required (J.D. or other relevant advanced degree PREFERRED, not required)
4. Experience with quantitative data analysis
5. 1-3 years experience in Professional Services or Consulting
6. Proven record of meeting tight deadlines while providing excellent client service
7. Experience coordinating or managing projects at a detailed level
8. Tax credits and incentives experience (PREFERRED, not required)
Compensation: $60,000-$70,000 plus 15 days of vacation accrual annually, five sick days, and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays). Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code and employee stock purchase program and 401K matching.