Job Opening: Director of Admissions
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90036
Schedule: Full Time Monday – Friday
1. Plan and execute the arc of the Admission process, including existing and newly created events as well as senior year graduation related events.
2. Direct the admission process from point of inquiry through enrollment, including school visits, application, interviews, ISEE testing, Admission Committee review, notification letters, enrollment, tuition agreements
3. Communicate with principals, the admission committee and other school leaders on real-time applicant and enrollment numbers.
4. Build strategic partnerships with professionals at feeder schools and community institutions.
5. Oversee admission budget
6. Manage Admission marketing collateral and work with outside vendors
7. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with colleagues around the admission process and integration of new students.
8. Oversee retention plan and re-enrollment of current students
9. Work closely with all stakeholders to engage their participation in recruiting efforts.
10. Track and maintain data regarding recruitment, and alter strategies and approaches to respond to new information.
11. Engage and inform prospective parents and students about Shalhevet and the benefits of a Shalhevet education on an individual, small, and large group basis.
12. Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of applications and communications with parents of student applicants so that the process supports and honors the student and their family.
13. Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
14. Oversee the selection process of new students with the admissions committee.
15. Work with support staff providing clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred or commensurate experience.
2. An appreciation for the mission, culture and core values of Shalhevet.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Strong leadership/management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
5. An understanding of marketing and public relations.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
7. Good listening skills and sensitivity to the unique needs and concerns of prospective families.
8. Proficiency in MS Office, Google Drive and CRMs is required.
9. 3+ years experience in admissions, or sales, or outreach or similar with a similar population preferred.
Compensation: $85,000-$110,000 plus benefits and tuition reduction
- Address Los Angeles, CA