Job Opening: Director of Communications
The Director of Communication will report to and work closely with the Chief Executive Office and also the Board of Directors. In this small, start up organization, the ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently to formulate messages to be delivered through a variety of platforms. The Director of Communication will be expected to develop an overall communications strategy consistent with the mission and goals established by the Board. The Director of Communication must also have the confidence and managerial skills to lead and motivate staff. It is essential that the candidate have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to pivot from project to project and work in a high-stress, fast paced environment.
Location: Remote, throughout the US
Schedule: Flexible, full time
- Create and manage external communication strategies to build visibility and increase awareness of the Jewish Relief Network Ukraine.
- ·Develop and implement communications plans with cost-effective marketing and outreach strategies to reach a range of constituents through printed and electronic media
- ·Create, write, edit and produce press releases, publications, videos, collateral, newsletters, social media content, and other printed materials, including annual reports
- Update and maintain the organization’s website, online publications, and social media
- ·Manage media relations, including developing new relationships with key media outlets
- ·Establish and monitor benchmarks for measuring the growth of the community, and analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of new initiatives
- Written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to solve problems and find the best way to convey a message
- Creativity to produce exciting and interesting content consistent with the mission and goals
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline or in a fast-paced environment
- The technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and also create web and mobile content
- Fluency in Hebrew is desired but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in professional communications/public relations in a Senior/Director level.