Job Opening: Director of Development for Private High School
Location: Los Angeles, CA, 90036
Schedule: Full-Time, In-Person
1. Collaborating with the Head of School in implementing the educational mission of the school through comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the school’s goals, with specific focus on the development plan.
2. Direct the school’s Development Plan by establishing short (annual) and long (3-5 year) range goals and objectives for the development office based on the school’s long range strategic plan.
3. Oversee database maintenance and timely acknowledgement of gifts or donations through thank you letters and yearly contribution reports with the administrative team.
4. Build a relationship with school leadership, teachers and staff; parents of current, former and future students.
5. Develop budget, goals and benchmarks and oversee all planning and execution of fundraising events and opportunities. Typical event calendar have included: Trustee Dinner (Fall), Basketball Tournament (Fall), Women’s Event (Winter), Casino Night (Winter), and a Gala (Spring)
6. Identifying, cultivating and soliciting current and potential donors and sponsors for fundraising events. This includes initiating appointment requests through phone calls and contact letters, scheduling appointments and making the ask.
7. Prepare individual communication, cultivation and solicitation plans for each major gift donor/prospect. This area of work will require significant collaboration with various school leadership.
8. Work with volunteers to organize committees to handle events as needed, as well as oversee the continuing development of volunteers to help solicit donations.
9. Supervise the creation of marketing materials to keep donors informed of needs, development programs and activities, and opportunities to give. This will include the school’s annual report, email, website page, facebook and family email inserts.
10. Develop plan to engage various constituents including Alumni and Families of current and former students.
11. Assist the Head of School and other appropriate personnel in cultivating relationships with major local foundations and research grant opportunities.
12. Work with Parent Association on various initiatives including fundraising, teacher appreciation and school community building.
13. Maintain a strict level of confidentiality on all matters relating to school functions.
1. 2-4 years of experience working with a non-profit or religious organization
2. 3-5 years of experience in a fundraising position preferred.
3. BA required.
4. Strong organization skills with a creative and intuitive approach to fundraising for the school.
5. Familiarity with Jewish culture required.
6. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including strong public speaking skills
7. Able to work with and lead a team of fundraisers both on the administrative side and the volunteer side.
8. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ability to learn systems such as donor database Little Green Light, Mailchimp and others..
Compensation: $90,000-$120,000+ per year plus excellent benefits