Job Opening: Director of Event Sales and Marketing for Fine Dining Restaurant with Rooftop Bar
Location: Downtown Los Angeles, 90013
1. Soliciting, negotiating and booking new and repeat business through outside sales calls, mailings, networking, staff training.
2. Oversight and management of outlets, including supervising day-to-day operations, handling employee and guest issues, ensuring compliance with applicable employment laws, and the like.
3. Work with guests for menu planning, agenda setting and meeting services.
4. Contract review and facilitating communication before, during and post event with pertinent staff to ensure a high level of service.
5. Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed.
6. Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue.
7. Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including marketing plan.
8. Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable increases in volume, food and beverage, and banquet sales.
9. Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
10 Create and develop special events to showcase the locations to potential clients.
11. Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
12. Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall sales performance and work with other departments.
1. 5 years experience in Event/Catering Sales
2. Prior experience in restaurant and/or hotel operations a must
3. Must have strong knowledge of food, wine & spirits
4. Excellent verbal and written communications skills
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and comfort with new software; i.e. Triple Seat, Wedding Wire, Open Table
6. Professional demeanor with the ability to interact with all types of clients
Compensation: OTE $130,000-$150,000+, Base salary is $100,000 plus strong bonuses, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance