Job Opening: Director of Maintenance Operations for Residential Property Management Company
The Director of Maintenance Operations would oversee a large maintenance team including 18 maintenance supervisors and 60 maintenance staff for 5,000+ units of large multi-family properties in Lancaster, Clovis, Oxnard, Riverside and Long Beach. The Director of Maintenance Operations is responsible for overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, developing and implementing preventive maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for multiple apartment communities. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously and influence, train on systems procedures and develop relationships at all organizational levels.
Location: Off Site, Riverside/Redlands Region, and the Lancaster Region
Schedule: Full-Time, flexible. Travel throughout California a few times a week.
1. Weekly or bi-weekly travel over all properties.
2. Responsible for providing leadership and supervision to maintenance staff.
3. Responsible for implementing policies and procedures.
4. Responsible for hiring, interviewing, and training employees.
5. Conducts periodic performance evaluations for new hires and annual evaluations for all maintenance staff.
6. Maintain safety logs for training meetings.
7. Handles reports for all work related injuries.
8. Must be aware of OSHA standards.
9.Collaborate with operations and executive leadership to develop training programs for all Maintenance staff, incorporating impactful training methodology, change management, and process improvement solutions
1. Must be comfortable with going to various locations.
2. Two year associates degree or long tenure in building construction.
3. Certifications related to HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing.
4. Knowledge of building systems.
5. Knowledge of hand and power tools.
6. Preferably bilingual Spanish.
7. Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
8. Experience with Google and Microsoft Office Suite, Yardi, Internet search engines.
9.Familiarity with smartphones and tablets
Compensation: $100,000-$110,000 plus benefits