Job Opening: Director of Nursing for Skilled Nursing, 45 bed Psychiatric Nursing Home
Location: El Monte, CA
Schedule: Full time, day time hours
1. Oversee overall operations, integration, coordination and direction of nursing and patient care within the Facility.
2. Ensures that care delivery is consistent with the mission, vision, values and policies of Reliant Management Group.
3. Follow accepted standards of practice, state and federal regulations and licensing requirements.
4. Participate in the Facility’s strategic planning and budget preparation.
5. Identify and develop an effective leadership team to coordinate clinical, educational, and operational activities.
6. Collaborate with all levels of unit nursing personnel, including the Director of Nurses, physicians, consultants, and the IDT in assessing needs and providing education to the facility.
7. Interact with customers, families, visitors, facility and Reliant subsidiary personnel.
8. Carry out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required
9. Administrative duties such as working with the Administrator to develop, allocate, and control the budget for the Department of Nursing Services, actively participating in the facility’s business planning process.
10. Manage staff including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding.
11. Review and evaluate the performance of nursing staff as well as counsel staff according to established company personnel policy.
12. Provide direction to nurse management regarding Individual Performance Improvement Plans, problem resolution, and disciplinary actions.
13. Ensure there is a safe, coordinated and thorough discharge planning process in place.
14. Foster a strong partnership between the medical staff and the department of nursing.
15. Promote a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment.
16. Effectively plan, organize, direct, and implement a comprehensive facility-wide nursing program.
17. Provide nursing leadership in order to meet the goals of the Reliant organization and the individual facility.
18. Completes daily rounds on the units to observe patients and to determine if nursing needs are being met, providing patient care when required.
19. Ensure the Point Click Care (PCC) is utilized according to the Business Processes.
20. Ensure a process is in place for communication between licensed nursing staff and CNAs during and between shifts.
21. Ensure a timely and accurate compliance of the MDS process and that it reflects the patient’s plan of care.
22. Review prospective admissions in relation to existing nursing capabilities and ensures readiness to treat.
23. Employ a strong Quality Improvement (QI) process for the nursing department and participates on the QI Committee.
24. Monitor re-hospitalizations to identify trends and areas in need of improvement.
25. Ensure that patient’s accident/incident, adverse event and grievances/concerns are fully documented, investigated, reported and addressed in accordance with Reliant policies and procedures and the Federal/State rules and regulations.
26. Enhance nursing practice by attending all mandated in-service programs and other GHC and outside professional education programs.
27. Maintain confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, college or university with a current registered nurse licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
2. A minimum of five years full-time or equivalent clinical experience with at least two years’ experience in nursing supervision in the long-term care setting is required.
3. BSN preferred.
4. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
5. Experience as an RN supervisor or Assistant Director of Nursing or Director of Nursing.
Compensation: $130,000-$160,000 plus benefits