Job Opening: Director of Operations
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Full-Time
Description: The Director of Operations will their years of restaurant knowledge to run all aspects of the restaurant operations from A to Z while simultaneously working closely with the ownership to maintain the vision and culture that makes the establishments a repeat destination for many guests. The DOO will lead, manage and motivate a team that encompasses various departments and staff levels including HR, FOH managers and staff and Event Managers. The DOO will also work closely with Accounting and Ownership to ensure financial goals and budgets are carefully forecasted, implemented and reviewed.
1. Involved in all aspects of brand protection while expanding our programming
2. Provide a great experience as to exceed customer expectations while optimizing sales and balancing our expenses.
3. Create and manage the budget, COGS and labor. Monitor and forecast revenues and expenses to ensure company goals are met on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis. Manage and analyze all food and beverage Profit & Loss statements, reviewing month end division financial allocations and reports.
4. Oversee Human Resources
5. Oversee Event Department
6. Partner with marketing and culinary to optimize menu design
7. Maintain and improve company culture as needed to ensure employee growth and satisfaction
8. Provide direction and directives and overall management to managers and staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives
9. Monitors guest feedback in order to exceed standards and implement change when needed
10. Negotiate all contracts and insurances necessary for daily business operations
11. Ensures that all aspects of the business are operated and run in full accordance/compliance to all the laws, regulations, licenses, etc.
12. Deal with legal issues that arise
13. Interface and work with PR Companies
14. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
1. 7+ years of successful restaurant management/leadership operations experience required.
2. Four-year college degree required
3. Advanced knowledge of excel
4. Previous senior management experience leading large restaurant teams
5. Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
6. Passion of food, beverage and entertainment
7. Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to function under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail
Compensation: $120,000-160,000 plus benefits and room for growth