Job Opening: Director of Patient Care for Home Health Agency
Location: Long Beach, CA
The Director of Patient Care is responsible for the overall direction of home health care clinical services and has the overall responsibility for the quality of services provided and supervision of clinical staff. They assure coordination of care for clients and provide overall clinical supervision of all clients.
- Works closely with the Administrator to ensure quality services and policies are followed.
- Is available at all times during regular business hours and as needed to provide support and assure quality care delivery to home care clients.
- Meets with Case Managers/clinical staff on a regular basis to provide guidance and information related to specific issues.
- Provides direction to teams to assure that client needs are met and services are provided according to the plan.
- Assists clinical staff in establishing priorities, setting goals, and evaluating progress toward goals.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel, as appropriate.
- Attends case conferences and other clinical meetings to facilitate coordination of care.
- Reviews monthly team members’ productivity information.
- Follows agency protocols to assure proper maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Develops working relationships with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to clients.
- Provides support and direction to Agency staff, other health care professionals, clients, and families related to appropriate and available health care resources.
- Educates Agency staff on clinical services, policies, and procedures as needed.
- Facilitates problem-solving sessions to enable Case Managers and other staff to resolve client and/or reimbursement source issues.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities, maintaining compliance with State of CA Home Health regulations and Conditions of Participation.
- Write and acquire Prior Authorization for Medicare and other insurance authorizations.
RN degree required, BSN desired
- Private duty nursing care desired
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory role required
- Must be able to oversee and educate new grads
- Must be able to assist all levels of clinicians with medical issues when the case manager is not available
- Must have experience with medicare
Compensation: $100,000-$120,000 plus benefits