Job Opening: Director of Property Management
Location: Dallas, Texas
Schedule: Full time position, 30-50% in office, rest is remote or traveling to units.
Description: Overseeing 1,000 units with 10 properties, most properties are in Dallas, Texas, but expanding nationwide.
1. Minimum 4 years experience as a VP of Property Management or Director of Property Management experience required.
2. Strong proficiency with Appfolio or similar property management software.
3. Must have recent multi-family experience.
4. Experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets.
5. Experience working for a private owner or a management company.
1. Administer 10 buildings with 1,000 multi-family units, including leading, and training 10 property managers on a regular basis, helping to select, training and improving manager’s performance. Interact with all other staff on a regular and as-needed basis.
2. Manage maintenance team, visit properties regularly to ensure maintenance is following through, ensure properties are visited weekly and ensure that residents are provided a safe, clean, well-maintained community.
3. Oversee budgets and approve invoices, ensure budget is being followed, set payroll schedules.
4. Select, communicate with and manage vendors. Review all vendor contracts and maintain relationships with vendors.
5. Supervise inspections, including SCEP inspections, insurance inspections and move in/move outs.
6. Oversee vacancy turns, review work orders and assign vendors.
7. Ensure compliance with all state and municipal laws pertaining to low income properties, including regular reporting.
8. Prepare reports on vacancies and other related property management issues.
9. Handle escalated tenant issues including evictions and court appearances.
10. Oversee marketing for each property.
11. Travel 1-3 days about twice a month to visit properties.
Compensation: $160,000-$180,000 plus benefits and travel expenses