Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA or Long Beach, CA or Orange County, CA or Costa Mesa, CA
1. Provides day to day operational leadership for risk management, responsible for the development and coordination of risk management programs, patient safety programs, and accreditation compliance and readiness programs designed to reduce incidence and magnitude of damage claims made against the hospital and to maintain regulatory compliance
2. Works to enhance the effectiveness of the systems to monitor and manage risk and patient safety events
3. Develops structure and process to analyze risk management and patient safety event data
4. Leads facility wide projects, prepares claims files (med mal, auto, property and general liability insurance), works with claims and legal counsel in case management, assists in determining claims causation, provides education to the facility relating to risk, regulatory compliance, risk exposure and facilitates immediate process improvements to avoid repeat events in response to significant risk incidents
1. 5+ years experience in risk management.
2. Experience in a healthcare setting.
3. Deep understanding and application of the financial impact of risk management for patient care, regulatory issues and employees.
4. Able to start immediately.
5. Legal background desired.
Compensation: $200,000-$250,000 plus benefits