Job Opening: DSD, Director of Staff Development
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Description: Experienced DSD needed for 109 bed skilled nursing facility.
1. Reviewing scheduling and staffing to ensure daily PPD requirements are met.
2. Coordinating with the Administrator to recruit and select nursing staff.
3. Planning, developing, and coordinating orientation programs as well as in-service educational and on-the-job training.
4. Partnering with department directors in providing in-service trainings.
5. Performing administrative requirements such as completing forms, reports, orientation records, etc.
6. Developing reports, maintaining records reference manuals and records pertinent to in-service training programs.
7. Participating in Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee.
8. Providing patient care when directed.
9. Following Infection and Control policies, oversight of facility Infection Prevention Program and Antibiotic Stewardship program.
10. Reporting any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, or other hazardous materials to a supervisor immediately.
11. Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords.
12. Keeping abreast of new state and federal regulations as they pertain to skilled nursing.
13. Other related duties.
1. Minimum 2 years experience as a DSD.
2. LVN or RN.
3. Fully vaccinated for COVID
4. Effective at creating a culture of warmth, professionalism and high standards.
Compensation: $44-$46 per hour plus benefits and room for growth.