Location: Los Angeles, CA 90036
Description: A Hebrew Immersion Floater is needed for a well known Jewish school. This position reports to the Early Childhood Director.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday: 7:30AM-3:45 PM, Friday: 7:30AM-1:45 PM.
1. Assist Lead Teacher in the classroom, including but not limited to: working with small groups, creating classroom materials, helping students etc.
2. Work collaboratively with the staff to deliver the curriculum, design, and implement cross-discipline curriculum and projects, integrate technology into the curriculum, and support students with special educational needs.
3. Communicate with students in Hebrew.
4. Scaffold Hebrew language acquisition.
5. Lead circle time in Hebrew on specific topics.
6. Identify and attend professional conferences.
7. Supervision duties as needed outside of the classroom, i.e. during a recess, in the Specialists’ classes, and during drop-off/pick-up times.
8. Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the Division Director, Principals and/or the Dean and Rav.
1. 12 units of early childhood credits, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum 1 year of teaching experience.
3. Good computer skills, experience with both Mac and PC.
4. Strong communication, verbal, and written skills.
5. Good multi-tasking and organizational skills.
6. Warmth, patience, confidence, professional appearance.
7. Familiarity with Jewish customs a plus, but not a requirement.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Fluency in Hebrew.