Job Opening: Educational Technology Director
Location: Flatbush, NY
Schedule: 9 AM-5 PM or 8 AM-4 PM
Year round, off when the school is closed plus an additional 10 days vacation and off Fridays during the summer.
As a part of the Technology Department, the Educational Technology Director for the Elementary School will work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, all staff, and students in Early Childhood, Lower School, and Middle School to support teaching, learning, and productivity to impact student achievement. This position will also provide professional development in the Executive Offices. This position includes using the best available teaching methods and technology to enhance student learning.
This position includes facilitating and managing peripheral technology and applications (examples: Smart Boards, Smart Notebook, Epson, Zoom, Google Workplace for Education, STEM, MakerBot, 1:1 Chromebooks, etc.), as well as facilitate support and training for faculty so that every teacher can deliver multisensory, accessible, differentiated and educational technology integrated lessons.
1. Excellent problem-solving, research skills, planning skills and communication skills.
2. Knowledge of technology including PC computers, Chromebooks, educational software, student filtering and the Internet Safety
3. Develop and plan educational technology plans, initiatives, tools, and programs into the school’s learning environments.
4. Instruct both teaching staff, students, staff and administrators in the use of technology-based learning tools and assessments.
5. Work with teams (Data & Registrar) to support, train and assist in managing Student Information System (Rediker), Gradebook, Attendance, Report Cards, Progress Reports, Teacher/Student/Parent Portal, PT Wizard.
6.Work with Administrators with Student Assessment data (ERB), Standards based report card data.
7. Work with Administrators, Staff, Teacher and Students to support and train with Google Products such as Gmail and Google Classroom.
8. Assessing teachers and student’s educational needs and matching those needs with appropriate technologies and technical support teams on a daily basis.
9. Work with teachers to enhance and update class curriculum and the integration of technology tools and resources to increase student learning and engagement.
10. Lead the ES Educational Technology Specialist staff.
11. Interpret faculty and student needs and produce instructional educational technology materials.
12. Provide ongoing professional development in summer sessions, classroom coaching, one-on-one, modeling, planning instruction and implementation of educational technology initiatives in the classroom with teachers.
13. Able to turn-key train and develop professional development sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- EdTech experience.
- Knowledge NYC and NYS standards and Lexiles
- Leadership or management experience.
- Motivating, goal-oriented, and innovative personality
- Superb organizational skills
- Proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software programs.
- Knowledge of streaming audio and video, podcasting, and social networking tools
- Knowledge of current instructional theories for collaborative learning, hybrid learning with web-based tools and Zoom.
- Knowledge of research-based pedagogy, classroom management, STEM and/or engineering design process
- Technologically savvy, organized, have programming or coding experience.
12.Understanding classroom management, models of teaching, and how technologies are actually used in a classroom setting.
Compensation: $125,000-$150,000 plus benefits