Job Opening: Facility Nurse, LVN or LPN
Location: Ojai, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 AM-5 PM
Description: The facility nurse will oversee the medication and program for an upscale 6 bed adolescent treatment center in Ojai, CA.
1. Facilitate morning medication administration and daily vitals Monday through Friday, except for when clients leave early for off-site vendor groups
2. Medication administration and preparing meds for administration to clients.
3. Complete documentation in an efficient and timely manner, including nursing assessments, medication, and entering MD’s orders.
4. Some administrative or compliance support.
5. Maintains safe and secure environment or clients.
6. Provide direct patient care and assessment including the reporting of observed changes in mental status and/or physical condition, response to emergencies, and safety risks.
7. Triage client medical concerns and coordinate with MD on facilitating appropriate client care .
8. Help facilitate client discharges and ensure clients leave with a Nursing Discharge Plan and an adequate supply of medication
9. Maintain knowledge of medication administration records and vital sign monitoring.
10. Attendance and participation in weekly Treatment Team meetings
11. Facilitate medication ordering and refills via eRx
12. Monitor nursing supplies and purchase supplies as needed
13. Establish a compassionate environment by providing psychoeducational and medication-related support to patients and families.
14. Transport clients for off-site medical appointments and lab work, as needed
15. Assist with management of COVID screening and testing protocols for the program, up to and including, supervising COVID-positive clients, performing COVID tests on clients and staff, coordinating with testing labs, maintaining PPE inventory, etc.
16. Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
17. Participate in the region’s nursing hotline and provide after-hours nursing consultation to staff on-site
18. Ensure facility compliance with accreditation and program standards, including CCLD, CARF, and Joint Commission requirements
1. Valid LVN or LPN license.
2. Experience working in a residential facility or out patient facility.
3. Experience working with teenagers.
4. Ability to pass a strict background check.
5. Experience with Electronic Medical Records (Kipu or similar)
6. Vaccinated for COVID
7. Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
8. Ability to be on call once every 6 weeks.
Compensation: $70,000- $75,000 plus benefits