Job Opening: Facility Nurse, LVN
Location: La Mesa, CA 92024
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 AM-5 PM
- Provide direct patient care and assessment including the reporting of observed changes in mental status and/or physical condition, response to emergencies, and safety risks
- Triage client medical concerns and coordinate with MD on facilitating appropriate client care
- Complete documentation in an efficient and timely manner, including nursing assessments, medication, and entering MD’s orders.
- Help facilitate client discharges and ensure clients leave with a Nursing Discharge Plan and an adequate supply of medication
- Maintain knowledge of medication administration records and vital sign monitoring.
- Medication administration and preparing meds for administration to clients.
- Facilitate morning medication administration and daily vitals Monday through Friday, except for when clients leave early for off-site vendor groups
- Attendance and participation in weekly Treatment Team meetings
- Facilitate medication ordering and refills via eRx
- Destroy unused or discontinued medications, per licensing and accreditation standards
- Provide in-service training to non-medical staff on medications, documentation, and monitoring of vital signs
- Provide ongoing patient education on all aspects of medications and other health issues
- Monitor nursing supplies and purchase supplies as needed
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing psychoeducational and medication-related support to patients and families.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies
- Transport clients for off-site medical appointments and lab work, as needed
- Assist with management of COVID screening and testing protocols for the program, up to and including, supervising COVID-positive clients, performing COVID tests on clients and staff, coordinating with testing labs, maintaining PPE inventory, etc.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures
- Participate in the region’s nursing hotline and provide after-hours nursing consultation to staff on-site
- Facilitate client completion of Outcomes Program assessments utilizing the facility tablet
- Ensure facility compliance with accreditation and program standards, including CCLD, CARF, and Joint Commission requirements
- Ensure Chef is maintaining compliance with food labeling and storage, temperature logs, etc. in the kitchen
- Contribute to quality improvement and systems development related to compliance
- Work with Clinical Program Director and Compliance Officer to ensure that compliance needs are met for the program
- Take weekly inventory of all facility supplies and ensure that the facility has all necessary supplies on hand
- Purchase supplies for the facility 1-2 times week and submit Expense Reports with receipts once monthly
- Request petty cash from Payables, as needed, and submit Expense Reports with receipts once monthly
- Coordinate with Clinical Program Director to survey the repair and upkeep needs of the facility
- Coordinate all necessary repairs and facility maintenance vendors with Facilities Director
- Ensure that the physical grounds and interior of the facilities are well maintained
- Other nursing and facility related tasks, as assigned
- Valid LVN/LPT in California.
- Current CPR/ BLS card
- 21 years or older
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a LiveScan background check and clear federal and state criminal background checks, and child abuse indexes.
- Must be willing to interact with COVID-positive clients, as needed
Compensation: $70,000-$75,000 plus benefits