Job Opening: Financial Controller for Real Estate Investment Firm and Property Management
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90010
Schedule: You choose 8 AM-4 PM or 9 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday
The controller will be responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of all financial data. Will work to develop, maintain, and innovate accounting functions. The controller will be accountable for recording, reporting, analysis of balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow. As the executor of financial processes and compliance Controller will be required to review, alter, and improve all financial processs. The company owns 100 buildings with 2,000+ units.
1. Effective management of all accounting processes and procedures.
2. Plan, direct and coordinate the analyzing, journalizing, posting, summarizing, adjusting, correcting, organizing, closing, and finalizing of financial data.
3. Responsible for all bank accounts, accounts receivable, and accounts payable and reconciliation.
4. Coordinate and prepare financial statements for all entities.
5. Oversee regulatory reporting including compliance.
6. Manage and oversees Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable Clerk, HR, and Payroll responsibility.
7. Implement a corporate budget.
8. Manage expenses.
9. Oversee and manage all banking relationships.
10. Handle all entity filings for new buildings and acquisitions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance.
2. 5+ Years of relevant Controller experience.
3. Extensive experience with Quickbooks.
4. Excellent communication and professional demeanor.
5. High work ethic, honest, trustworthy, high integrity, strategic-minded with the ability to understand and contribute to all aspects of the business.
6. The ability to solve complex challenges/problems with a rational, reasonable, and balanced outcome.
7. High level of accountability and ownership.
8. Coachable and approachable.
9. Multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. Self-motivated and self-directed.
12. Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) authentically and professionally.
13. Experience with Yardi or Appfolio desired.
Compensation: $150,000-$200,000 plus 3 weeks PTO and $300 per month in healthcare stipend