Since 1927, the Yeshivah of Flatbush has stood at the forefront of American Jewish education and has set the standard of excellence emulated by other academic institutions around the world. Over generations, we have graduated more than ten thousand students with a thirst for knowledge, commitment to Torah, Mitzvot, and Zionism, love of the Hebrew language and dedication to service. We pride ourselves on our unique complement of Jewish and American values and an education which synthesizes Torah and secular studies with an unparalleled offering of extra-curricular activities, all in an atmosphere of inquiry and exploration.
Our mission is to inspire, challenge, and support our students to grow into adults who have character, compassion, and scholarship, with commitment to Torah u’Mitzvot, Am Yisrael and Medinat Yisrael. We empower our graduates to succeed, lead, and serve in institutions of higher learning, their communities and the world at large.
Job Opening: Hebrew Teacher for Large Modern Orthodox High School
Location: Flatbush, NY
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM-3:50 PM or 10 AM-5:15 PM and Fridays 8:30 AM-1:20 PM
1. Teach 2 grade levels, 20-25 periods per week. Periods are 40 minutes in length.
2. Utilize 5-10 periods per week as preparation time, for meetings and for professional development.
3. Full time is teaching 20-25 periods per week plus 5-10 admin periods for prep/training/meetings.
3. Attend professional development sessions with assigned mentor teacher.
4. Utilize current Hebrew literature curriculum, or add to the curriculum if desired.
1. Master Hebrew speaker, native or completely fluent in Hebrew language.
2. Ability to teach Hebrew Language and Literature.
3. Minimum of 3 years lead teacher Hebrew language experience. High school teaching extremely preferred.
4. Create an environment where Hebrew language is loved and used, the goal is to create fluency by the time students graduate high school.
$75,000-$85,000 plus fantastic benefits including excellent medical plan, pension with matching, 50% tuition off, 30% of salary can be pre-tax to any school, life insurance, health savings account pre-tax.
- Address Flatbush, NY