Job Opening: Hybrid Therapist for Adolescent IOP
Location: San Jose, California 95129
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Thursday 2pm-6pm on-site, the rest is remote
We are seeking a IOP therapist where you’d provide top-quality, patient-centered mental health therapy within our intensive outpatient setting. You are expected to employ evidence-based therapeutic modalities to support clients in addressing and overcoming their unique challenges. A significant part of your role will be to effectively utilize our program’s material to guide the therapeutic process, customizing its application to fit the specific needs and recovery goals of each client. Your work will involve close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of mental health professionals, ensuring the delivery of holistic and integrated care.
1. Conduct thorough initial assessments to understand the client’s mental health status, history, and personal goals for therapy.
2. Developing and implementing individualized treatment plans based on each client’s unique needs and goals.
3. Facilitating individual, group, and family therapy sessions using evidence-based therapeutic techniques.
4. Collaborating with the interdisciplinary team, including psychiatrists, and other therapists, to ensure the provision of high-quality care.
5. Document all therapy sessions, treatment plans, and progress updates in the client’s electronic health record in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Providing clients and their families with information and resources for coping with mental health and substance use disorders.
7. Facilitating psychoeducational and skill-building groups on topics such as stress management, relapse prevention, interpersonal effectiveness, and emotion regulation.
8. Monitoring clients’ progress and adjusting treatment plans as necessary.
9. Coordinating care with external providers, such as primary care physicians and specialists, as necessary.
10. Participating in continuing education and professional development activities to stay updated on the latest trends and best practices in mental health and substance use treatment.
1. Strong understanding of dual diagnosis treatment and the principles of trauma-informed care inclduing familiarity with a variety of therapeutic modalities.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with a diverse client population.
3. Proficient in using EMR and digital communication tools.
4. Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
5. Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field.
6, Current, valid licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of employment.
7. 2+ years experience providing mental health and/or substance use treatment in an outpatient or intensive outpatient setting.
Compensation: $95,000-$105,000 plus $5,000 differential and excellent benefits