Job Opening: Machining Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Schedule: Full time, in person
Description: A Tier 1 aerospace manufacturer located in Phoenix Arizona is looking for a Machining Manager to join our team. This role will play a vital part in supporting operations to ensure maximum production performance and will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operation, leadership and management of the machining facility.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the machining and fabrication manufacturing process to assure that cost, quality, and productivity objectives are maximized.
2. Ensure timely and effective communication of key issues to all staff.
3. Drive the organization to focus on continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and management methods to generate improved plant performance and workflow optimization and efficiencies.
4. Ensure that staff complies with all time-keeping and other administrative requirements.
5. Lead a team of 20-30 hourly employees.
1. 10+ years of experience in Aerospace Machining, Assembly and Processing.
2. Significant knowledge in CNC controls, tooling selection, program optimization,
machining, assembly, welding and fixturing.
3. Dedicated to meeting challenging goals in a fast-paced environment.
4. Possess independent decision-making capabilities in stressful situations while keeping senior management informed.
5. Commitment to safety, quality, and production in support of company vision.
6. High energy individual with a strong manufacturing background and experience.
7. Experience working in an Engineering role a plus.
8. Experience using an MRP/ERP system.
9. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
10. Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, projects and initiatives.
11. Demonstrated commitment to professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
12. Demonstrated accountability at the operational management level and a strong track record of successful execution.
13. Must have experience managing a team of about 20-30 people.
Compensation: $80,000-$100,000 depending on experience and expertise plus up to 10% annual bonus plus world-class benefits including health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental (Principal), vision (Principal), 401(k) plan with match, identity theft protection and also voluntary benefits such as life insurance (up to $500,000), Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. In addition, for qualified candidates, we are offering either a “Relocation Bonus” or “Retention Bonus” up to $2,500 (subject to normal payroll taxes).