Job Opening: Middle School Assistant Director of Student Growth
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Start Date: August 2022
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:45 AM-4:45 PM
Description: Prestigious private school is looking to hire an Assistant Director of Student Growth who will oversee, implement and manage student behavioral growth and discipline in the middle school. Together with the Guidance Department, this position will support teachers and students who are struggling socially and emotionally while ensuring accountability and responsibility amongst the students.
1. Overseeing and improving the policies and procedures dictated in the Middle School Student Handbook.
2. Creating, implementing, and improving the information systems to oversee student discipline and attendance for both class and Tefilah (prayers), communication, follow up and follow-through.
3. Overseeing the implementation discipline such as detention and suspension.
4. Engaging with parents and guardians to create an atmosphere of open and honest communication.
5. Partnering together with the Guidance Department to support the social and emotional well-being of the students
6. Engaging with social workers, psychologists, and mental health professionals to support the work being done in the school
7. Being an active presence in the school building during transition times, recess, lunch, and module periods
8. Collaborating with SIS system management to track daily and class attendance, cuts, and skips
9. Support teachers in their behavior and attendance needs.
10. Manage the decorum and presence in the fourth-floor hallways, classes, school events, and assemblies.
11. Identify societal behavioral trends such as social media bullying and addiction and build programs to support the education of parents and students in prevention methods
1. Experience in a private school or religious institution.
2. Understanding of students, either from experience in the mental health field or in a similar position.
3. Ability to work in person, full time.
4. Familiarity with Orthodox Jewish culture.
Compensation: $100,000-$120,000 plus excellent benefits