Job Opening: Moderate to Severe Teacher for Small Special Needs School
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9 AM-2:30 PM, work hours are 8:30 AM-3 PM.
1. Planning and implementing specialized accommodations and modifications in California State curriculum for TK-7 special education students
2. Teaching expanded use of communication supports
3. Blending Functional and social skill development to bridge access to modified curriculum.
4. Coordinating with service providers for seamless and purposeful learning.
5. Planning curriculum and preparing instructional materials to meet the individual needs of students.
6. Instituting state and school requirements written in each students’ IEPs, at the physical, emotional and educational levels of development of each student
7. Maintaining individual pupil records, including quarterly progress notes for each student.
8. Conferring with parents, administrators, related service providers, and outside agencies as necessary or directed to develop and implement the individual educational program for students.
9. Collaborating and working closely with special education assistant teacher.
10. Maintaining a well-organized classroom and workspace to operate successfully.
11. Adapt purchased curriculum to meet the needs of each individual student.
12. Use information about individual students’ academic strengths, needs, and progress in planning.
13. Design activities to engage students in cognitively challenging work aligned to standards
14. Work effectively with students, parents, staff members, and community representatives in providing a rigorous educational program
15. Communicate with families to create a partnership around student learning by providing information about the instructional program and the progress of their child(ren)
16. Continuing education as time allows.
1. Moderate to Severe credential. School will help guide in transfer process if credential is from out of state.
2. Bachelor’s degree.
3. 2+ years experience teaching special needs students.
Compensation: $70,000-$80,000 plus healthcare $300 per month and PTO