Job Opening: Production Planner
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Schedule: Full time, in person
Description: A Tier 1 aerospace manufacturer located in Phoenix Arizona is looking for a Production Planner to join our team. This role will play a vital part in supporting operations to ensure maximum production performance. Dedicated to meeting challenging goals in a fast-paced environment. You will initiate projects and find new ways to improve the product stream. Along the way, you will reduce waste and costs whilst improving efficiency and sustainability.
1. Plan, issue, and control material demand to meet production scheduling requirements.
2. Advise management on status of work in process, material availability and potential production problems to ensure that materials are available as needed.
3. Works cross functionally with all departments to ensure customer OTTR goals are met daily/weekly/monthly.
4. Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectations.
5. Analyze MRP demand weekly if not daily.
6. Prepare shop travelers as needed for production.
7. Prepare outside process purchase orders while tracking and expediting as
8. Identify critical shortages / roadblocks.
9. Maintain the production schedule and other reports as required.
10. Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
11. Monitors daily capacity and production progress to manage adjustments within production planning.
12. Meet weekly to update Operations and Planning.
13. Work with Sales Team on customer demand outlook and build long range production forecast (rolling 6 month).
1. 5+ years of experience in aerospace manufacturing.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
3. Skilled in strategic planning foresight as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
4. Willingness to get the job done, persistence and perseverance, innovative.
5. Strong MRP/ERP experience.
6. Strong attention to detail – accuracy.
7. Solid understanding of the significance of supply chain and operations.
8. Comfortable analyzing information and working through complexities.
9. Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
Compensation: $65,000-$80,000 depending on experience and expertise plus world-class benefits including health (Blue Cross Blue Shield), dental (Principal), vision (Principal), 401(k) plan with match, identity theft protection and also voluntary benefits such as life insurance (up to $500,000), Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. In addition, for qualified candidates, we are offering either a “Relocation Bonus” or “Retention Bonus” up to $2,500 (subject to normal payroll taxes).