Job Opening: Program and Volunteer Coordinator for Jewish, Special Needs Children Organization.
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Monday-Thursday 10 AM-2 PM, 2 full Sundays a month.
1. Recruit volunteers through schools, doing presentations, and organizing programs.
2. Planning appreciation programs for teen volunteers.
3. Arranging celebrations for volunteers and their chargers.
4. Create a sense of responsibility and connection to the community for teens through educational and social opportunities.
5. Monitor relationships between volunteers and their charges on a regular basis.
6. Publicize events via email, text, web and social media.
7. Confirm sufficient volunteers and ensure that all needed supplies are on hand.
8. During events, monitor and make sure that everything is running smoothly.
1. Familiarity with children with special needs.
2. Warm, kind, confident, engaging personality.
3. Social media savvy
4. Minimum of 1 year of similar experience (can be as a volunteer for a similar organization).
5. Experience working in an office.
6. Motivated, creative, takes initiative.
Compensation: $23-$24 per hour