Job Opening: Program Director for 12 bed Mental Health Facility
Location: Encino, CA
Description: The Program Director ensures the daily operations of the facility are being followed. Duties include management and supervision of operational staff, interviewing, hiring, and termination of staff; Coordination, implementation and evaluation of the program’s development. The Program Manager is the final authority with regard to the day-to-day operations of the facility including maintenance matters. The Program Director will monitor the quality of care, ensure that it is in line with state and federal agencies, as well as the mission, and philosophy of the organization.
1. Coordinate the activities of the facility in accordance with state and federal regulatory agencies.
2. Communicate with Medical Staff and Clinical Staff regarding client care. You will be overseeing 15 direct reports.
3. Responsible for operational staff interviews, hires, and termination and oriented new personnel to the organization and job functions.
4. Ensure staff completes and submit schedules on time and ensure that sick, vacation, and holiday leave is accounted for.
5. Responsible for creating all staff schedules to ensure adequate staff coverage and help create resident schedules.
6. Communicate with staff, conduct weekly staff meetings to communicate all pertinent information relating to clinical staff, administration and program.
7. Establish contracts and pricing with vendors to ensure proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies.
8. Work closely with the Facility Administrator and clinical team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
1. Minimum of 2 years experience in working in a treatment setting with mental health clients.
2. Minimum of 2 years supervision or managerial experience with a minimum of 5 direct reports.
3. Professional demeanor, computer and writing skills.
4. Kipu experience desired.
5. Knowledge of DSS, DHCS, and Joint Commission standards is a plus.
6. Bachelor’s degree.
7. Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and personal automobile insurance. Hiring is contingent upon receiving DOJ/FBI fingerprint clearance, a submission of a signed Criminal Record Statement (LIC 508), a TB test, and clearance on an employment physical. Current First Aid and CPR certification is preferred prior to employment.
Compensation: $80,000-$90,000 plus benefits