Job Opening: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Location: Wilkinsburg, Pennsylvania
Schedule: 20-40 hours per week, flexible, preferable to include at least some hours on 2 weekends per month.
1. Performs psychiatric evaluations of clients’ mental/emotional health status and develops appropriate treatment/therapy plans based on diagnoses of symptoms and behaviors.
2. Analyzes situations and adopts an effective course of action.
3. Counsels assigned clients: discusses treatment options with clients, parents and/or legal guardians and provides necessary information for educated decision-making process.
4. Participates in treatment meetings.
5. Orders diagnostic and laboratory tests as indicated,
6. Prescribes appropriate psychotropic medications based on clients’ diagnoses and psychiatric evaluations; monitors clients’ reactions, relief of symptoms, and degree of side effects on a regular and on-going basis.
7. Writes prescriptions for medications as needed and appropriate.
8. Reviews medications with client and monitors for side effects.
1. Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner valid for Pennsylvania.
2. Experience working in a psychiatric hospital or similar in patient setting desired.
Compensation: $135,000-$145,000 for full time plus excellent benefits including PTO, health insurance