Job Opening: Quality Engineer, Exempt Level Position.
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:00AM-2:00PM with some overtime needed.
1. Create DIPs and FAIR templates.
2. Assists in completing final packages and verifying accuracy of documentation
3. Complete PPAP/ APQP documentation.
4. Work with Engineering to develop inspection plans and methods. Ensure customer sampling plans are followed.
5. Maintain records in ERP system (E2).
6. Handle incoming customer complaints and returns.
7. Manage corrective action process related to product.
8.Contract Review back up – Review contracts and job packages for quality terms and conditions.
9. Ensure compliance with terms/ specifications listed on the PO.
10. Complete Delegated Product Release Verification activities including a review of documentation, visual inspection, dimensional over-check, part marking and serialization, and release documentation requirements.
11. Attend and participate in a 3 days DPRV course and pass a learning assessment successfully every 3 years.
12. Promote a positive image of Precision Aerospace
13. Other reasonable duties as business and operational needs dictate.
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Must be US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Card
3. Experience working with Pratt & Whitney Strongly preferred.
4. Three to five years Aerospace quality inspection experience
5. Able to understand geometric dimensions and tolerances.
6. Ability to read and interpret aerospace drawings, specifications, and customer documents.
7. Quality oriented with a hands-on personality, “do it right the first time” personality.
8. Strong attention to detail, organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
9. Proficient in the use of computers including Microsoft Word and Excel
10. Ability to handle the walking, lifting, bending, stair climbing, and stooping required to perform the job.
11. Possess a high degree of initiative and be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
12. Team oriented, possessing the ability to work cohesively with others to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
13. Able to work long term. Position will require out of state training.
Compensation: $70,000-$85,000 depending on experience, plus benefits.