Job Opening: School Counselor
Location: Van Nuys, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8 AM-3:30 PM. You will be working 200 days per year!
The Counselor will assist students to understand and develop their full potential and meet the demands of school expectations through a variety of counseling services, including acting as a liaison between students, parents, staff, and community agencies. Provides counseling sessions to individuals and groups in crisis situations, such as prevention and behavior intervention.
1. Works with staff to develop a school climate program to include student recognition, encouragement, and positive behaviors.
2. Attends staff meetings, parent teacher conferences, Student Study Teams, 504, SST, Individualized Education Plan meetings as required.
3. Provides intervention counseling to students individually or in small groups regarding specific issues such as divorce, grief, bullying, suicide prevention, anger control, diversity, and friendship.
4. Consults with school and community professionals to coordinate counseling services and makes appropriate referrals.
5. Carries a small case load of one on one students, but mainly works with groups on socio-emotional counseling.
1. Pupil Personnel Services Credential
2.Experience working with elementary age students desired.
3.Must be able to pass a background check
Compensation: $65,000-$68,000 plus benefits, you will be working 200 days per year.