Job Opening: Secretary/Office Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90035
Monday – Thursday: 9:00am – 4:00pm (1 hour lunch break)
Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Description: As NCSY looks to connect Jewish teens to Judaism, inspire them to reach new heights and empower them to become Jewish leaders; the Secretary helps ensure that the regional office runs smoothly in support of our goals.
1. Makes sure that all equipment, support, etc. are in place to ensure the smooth functioning of the NCSY West Coast region.This includes but is not limited to email correspondence, accounting support, mailings, and weekly meeting support.
2. Manages West Coast website and social media accounts.
3. Assists Regional Director and Development Manager in daily and weekly responsibilities.
4. Manages Regional data.
5. Provides logistical support for NCSY regional programs. This includes semi-annual Regional Shabbatons, JSU clubs, and NCSY summer programs.
6. Provides support for special events/programs.
7. Supports Development Manager with grants.
8. Promotes various programs and events within the community.
9. Act liaison for summer programs office and Directors, including running summer program expos and events.
10. Manage West Coast National database.
1.2 years of previous work experience in secretarial or executive administrative position.
2. High school diploma or equivalent, mandatory; secondary degree, preferred.
3. Thorough knowledge and familiarity with Judaic customs.
4. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
5. Knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
6. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
7. Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
8. Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively.
9. Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Compensation: $50,000-$60,000 plus benefits.