Job Opening: Special Needs Teacher for Students with Moderate to Severe Disabilities
Location: Culver City, CA
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM-3:30 PM, Friday 8:30 AM-1:30 PM
Start Date: September 2021
Description: The Special Needs Teacher provides special education to students with moderate-to-severe learning and psychological disabilities and creates experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Ma’or will be in their new state-of-the-art, ADA-compliant school facility in Culver City, CA, starting in September of 2021.
1. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels.
2. Implement strategies for differentiated learning within the classroom.
3. Collaborate with other professionals to assist students and create a positive learning environment.
4. Use appropriate interventions when necessary to deal with academic, behavioral, or psychological issues that come up.
1. Teacher’s credential.
2. License for moderate-to-severe special needs.
3. Experience of 3 years teaching special-needs populations.
4. Familiarity with Jewish culture a plus.
Compensation: $70,000-$80,000 per year, plus benefits, with room to grow.