Job Opening: Specialized DSP
Schedule: Full Time/Part Time (you can choose 3 or 5 days per week
Evening hours: 4 PM-10 PM ( Monday- Friday)
Overnight: 10 PM- 9 AM
Sunday all day.
Location: Female DSP for non-verbal, adult woman with behavioral issues in 90036 (there are other location in North Hollywood for men and women, all schedules at $20 per hour)
Summary: The Specialized DSP will work with adults with developmental disabilities in their home and/or community, depending on the needs of the client. They would also provide community-based instruction, living skills development, health maintenance, and behavior supports. They would work with the Development of job skills, social skills, medication administration, support and training for hygiene, housekeeping skills and personal care. Services provided need to enable people with special needs to live fully enriched and active lives with as much independence as possible as members of the Los Angeles Jewish community.
1. Provide direct services to the assigned individual(s) in reaching his/her goals as written in their Individual Support Plan (ISP).
2. Responsible for implementing and monitoring client’s program and services according to the program design, IPP and ISP.
3. Participate in developing and coordinating client’s ISP goals.
4. Participate in writing client’s goals and ISP.
5. Contribute in writing to Quarterly and Annual Reports for the Regional Center (if applicable);
6. Report any change of client schedule to supervisor.
7. Maintain regular assigned schedule.
8. When asked by supervisor or SDP team, attend client’s IPP meetings.
9. Maintain client’s files when assigned by supervisor.
• Implements Positive Behavioral Support programming as written, consistently following recommended support strategies.
10. Maintain data regarding consumer’s progress using Therap, if applicable.
11. Provide feedback to program manager on the goals in the ISP;
12. Attend and provide assistance in Orthodox prayer (when appropriate);
13. Assist with observance of all Orthodox Jewish traditions and requirements including but not limited to, food preparation and consumption, observance of Shabbat, and appropriate dress.
14. Ensures that the health and safety of the client are a priority and follow all emergency plans and procedures.
15. Report all incidents, behaviors, and occurrences immediately to the manager including any incidents of possible abuse or neglect.
16. May assist with self-dispensing of medication by individual if it is one of their objectives.
17. Participates in all meetings, behavioral and skill training as required by program.
18. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
1. Minimum one year experience with the support of individuals with DD/IDD preferred.
2. Experience with Positive Behavior Supports and behavioral programming preferred.
3. Be able to lift up to 10 pounds, be able to walk, sometimes for extended amounts of time, standing, sometimes for extended amounts of time, bend, squat, turn in the knees, back, wrists and shoulders, and grasp with both hands (in order to properly perform the techniques taught in CPR/First Aid, and Lifting and Carrying Techniques);
4. be able to speak, read, and write English.
5. be able to respond effectively to the most sensitive matters.
6. be able to present oneself in an effective, persuasive, and professional manner during controversial or complex topics.
7. must be patient and have a capacity to work with difficult behaviors.
8. must have good overall people skills.
9. be able to complete the ETTA training programs and successfully pass associated tests to meet competency requirements.
10. Dress in a conservative and professional manner consistent with the culture of the company.
11. have a high school diploma or GED; higher education/training preferred.
12. Must meet the qualifications of a driver as established by our insurance carrier, proof of insurance coverage, received clearance through a DMV printout and have dependable and reliable transportation.
13. proficient computer skills.
14. Be over 21 years of age.
15. must pass a background Department of Justice clearance check through Live Scan.
16. must hold a current CPR/First Aid certification.
17. must be able to pass drug screening.
18. must have knowledge and ability to support observant Jews within their community according to the clients’ level of practice.
19. Must adhere to ETTA’s Covid and vaccination policies.
Compensation: $23-$25 an hour