Job Opening: STEAM Coordinator
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday Full-time school hours
Description: The primary responsibilities of the STEAM Coordinator is to 1) collaborate with teaching staff to develop STEAM/ PBL projects in the lab – correlated with curriculum. All activities to be designed to facilitate the success of students in developmental STEAM classes designed to teach conflict-resolution, problem solving, creativity, collaboration and communication skills.
1. Demonstrates the ability to model, deliver, and craft rich student-centered learning experiences around Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math.
2. Facilitate the use of the maker space / open area for student STEAM engagement during recess breaks.
3. Collaborate with teachers to develop STEAM/PBL projects in lab – correlated with curriculum for grades K-5
4. Budget, purchase, maintain and track supplies and orders for STEAM Lab
5. Plans hands-on classroom experiences with a class studying a particular topic at the request of the teacher
6. Conducts in-service education for teachers in the effective integration of STEAM concepts into a project-based learning framework
7. Explores grant and partnership opportunities for STEAM supplies, programs, and competitions.
8. Maintain and schedule use of STEAM lab.
9. Training teachers in technology / apps / Google classroom
10. Find and implement new STEAM programs for GS and TS.
11. Continue Professional Development
12. With Students: coordinate / manage the annual yearbook process from start to finish.
13. Work with assigned staff members regarding navigating and management of the Parentlocker Information System.
14. Help with setting up some of the online student programs such at (RAZ kids, edmyfriend, NWEA, prodigy).
1. 2+ years experience as a teacher in an elementary/middle school.
2. 2+ years experience with STEAM subjects.
3. Bachelor’s degree.
Compensation: $65,000-$72,000 per year plus benefits