Job Opening: Substance Abuse Counselor
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Friday. Minimum 30 hours per work with some flexibility.
Location: Tarzana, CA
Description: The Substance Abuse Counselor preforms supervised group counseling, crisis intervention, supervision and outreach services. Work is supervised by professional staff, and individual clinical work is supervised by a licensed therapist. This position would primarily run group on recovery & life skills while assisting with client engagement, intakes and assessments in between groups.
- Leads group counseling sessions to discuss effective coping skills and assist clients in identifying the reasons for their addiction and overcoming the problems related to substance use and abuse.
- Assist in the client intake process and administers intake assessments.
- Collaborates with treatment team comprised of clinical staff, including the clinical director, program director, and treatment
- Responsible for assisting residents to live more effectively with their addictions by identifying harmful behaviors and overcoming urges.
- Demonstrate an understanding of patient care through charting and documenting client progress, and provide service referrals when needed.
- Perform patient analysis, random drug tests, and facilitate counseling sessions
- Maintain professional relationships with the staff, residents, families, and
- Performs any other duties as needed.
- Must be Certified as an AOD counselor by one of the approved organizations (CCR, Section 13035(0) or a registered counselor that has completed all required course work for certification able to qualify to test upon completion of intern hours.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or able to obtain upon hire (company will provide)
- Current TB skin test and renewed annually.
- Good interviewing and listening skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check/TB Test/Drug Screening.
- Must be vaccinated for Covid or have a liable exemption.
$21-23 per hour for Associates.
$20-24 per hour for Registered level.
$25-$28 per hour for Certified Counselors.
Plus full benefits.