Job Opening: Synagogue Administrator
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Schedule: 20-30 hours per week, flexible day time schedule, Monday-Friday
1. Oversee enrollment for Village Hebrew School, including database entry, payment plans, overseeing scholarship program.
2. Filing and organizing office files and electronic files on a daily basis.
3. Coordinate with vendors and service providers
4. Sending, receiving, and sorting mail, emails, voicemails
5. Keeping stock of inventory, ordering supplies and ensuring proper functioning of office
6. Oversee monthly security and maintenance calendars.
7. Utilize database to collect birthdays and yahrzeits of shul attendees and key donors.
8. Coordinate monthly shul lectures, birthday kiddush calendar, Jewish naming ceremony
9. Oversee weekly Friday emails, newsletters and announcements.
10. Coordinate thank you letters and gifts.
11. Other similar duties as needed.
1. Familiarity with Judaism, including holidays and lingo (“kiddush”, “yahrzeit” etc)
2. Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Adobe, Canva
3. Quickbooks experience desired, but we can train.
4. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to work in person, long term. The schedule is very flexible.
Compensation: $24-$26 per hour