Job Opening: Preschool Teacher
Location: Seattle, WA
Seattle Jewish Montessori is a private school in Seattle that fuses Montessori philosophy and Jewish tradition. Our school has about 70 children from Infants- age 5. Our environment is warm, positive and family-like.
1. Supervise the children throughout the day in the classroom and outside
2. Give children lessons on the classroom materials
3. Set the tone for a calm, peaceful classroom
4. Maintain a tidy and clean work environment for the children
5. Plan and prepare Montessori materials for the classroom shelves
6. Maintain a positive, collaborative relationship with the Judaic teacher
7. Assist the children with self care- such as snacks, mealtimes and toileting
8. Maintain positive communication with parents
1. Montessori experience or certification preferred; or, experienced preschool teacher open to becoming Montessori-certified.
2. 1+ years teaching preschool.
3. Organized yet creative
4. Physical ability to sit on the floor and bend down
5. Calm and pleasant demeanor
Compensation: $35,000-$45,000 DOE with a sign-on bonus of $500 ($250 on first paycheck and $250 ninety days later) and paid time off.