Job Opening: Volunteer Coordinator for Jewish Children and Teens with Special Needs Non-Profit
Location: Seattle, Washington (Mercer Island)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week. Most days start at 9 AM or 9:30 AM
However, schedule is flexible, when there is a later after school program or a Sunday program (2x a month), hours can start later.
1. Under the direction of the Program Manager, coordinate all programs.
2. Communicate between the Friendship Circle and volunteers.
3. Create a positive, encouraging culture for the volunteers.
4. Help plan events and outings to reward volunteers.
5. Manage all volunteer hours and implement reward system.
6. Help recruit, support, and match volunteers with children and teens with special needs.
1. Experience interacting with people in a non-profit, educational, or religious environment.
2. This position is open to people from all religions, familiarity with Judaism is helpful.
3. Experience working with teenagers and/or children with special needs.
4. Computer savvy.
5. Extremely organized.
6. Outgoing, warm, dedicated, engaging personality.
7. Strong writing skills, ability to write professional emails.
8. Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel, experience in Canva.
9. Experience with social media is a plus.
10. Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
Compensation: $52,000-$58,000 per year, plus health insurance, PTO (including 5 secular holidays and all Jewish Yom Tov), parking